Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How many support the Arboretum monthly?

I occasionally am asked by Woodway residents to find out and report the answers to various questions, like here. Yesterday I was asked how many households there are in Woodway, and how many support the Arboretum through an extra $5 (soon to be $8) each month as part of their water bill. This donation makes one a "Friend of the Arboretum", and a minor benefit is the privilege of renting the facility at a reduced rate. I sent the question to City Secretary Jennifer Canady, who forwarded it to Finance Director William Klump. Here is his response:

"
There are approximately 3,450 households in Woodway. This is based on the number of active residential water accounts in Woodway. There are about 100 that support the Arboretum with the small monthly donation on their water bill."

If you have a question about the City, let me know and I'll try to find the answer.